October 2, 2007

My feelings about having herpes


Frankly speaking I feel not good about having herpes. I think it's quite natural and you can understand me.
Yes, I know that many people feel guilty or ashamed when they find out they have such awful disease as herpes. I did. I felt bad, I was really upset.

But… Just think: you are not alone! There are millions people having herpes and they live with this thought somehow. Besides, you can control herpes and reduce outbreaks occurrencies.

Herpes and sex life: 2 rules

But what about your sex life? How not to hurt your loved partner?

The first rule is not to have sex during outbreaks.

The second rule is to use condoms at other times, between outbreaks, when you feel good.

Of course, be honest and tell your sex partner about your problem. “Yes. I have herpes, that’s it! But I love you and don’t want to hurt you.”

Anyway, you should avoid having sex if you have any sores. Herpes can spread from one person to another very easily when sores are present.

Another reason to avoid sex when sores are present is that sores make it easier to catch the AIDS virus.

You should use condoms every time you have sex. Condoms can only help reduce the risk of spreading herpes if they cover all the infected skin.

Don’t be upset! You are not alone!



Subscribe in a reader

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Health Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory